First and foremost: Instrumental education has been cut dramatically in our public schools. CCSArts is here to fill the gap. We provide our students with the necessary tools to develop their skills beyond the classroom and we can prepare them for advanced study at the college or conservatory level.
2) CCSArts students are given weekly, private instrumental lessons with experienced, professional musicians (and all at an extremely reasonable rate!).
3) CCSArts has 6 dedicated instructors who collectively bring over 100 years of experience to our classrooms!
4) CCSArts is centrally located in Norwich, CT and is the only community-based music school of its kind in the city.
5) CCSArts brings together a wide variety of people from throughout southeastern Connecticut. Our students come from all walks of life and possess amazingly diverse interests and talents.
6) CCSArts currently supports three scholarship students annually and enrolls a roster of individuals between the ages of 5 – 85!
7) CCSArts has instituted a Choral Scholarship program for high school musicians interested in advancing their choral studies and skills.
8) Lessons are tailored to the individual and are held year-round: this is for continuity’s sake and, more importantly, because our students request it!
9) CCSArts strives to keep the Arts alive in the local community with our annual Chamber Music @ Christ Church series, which presents free, high-quality concerts that range from string quartets to silent films!
10) Studying an instrument prepares children for the future: plain and simple. Music bolsters an individual’s self esteem, their creative thinking and their communication skills. It teaches the value of responsibility, perseverance and dedication. Studies increasingly show that it helps to sustain lucidity and dexterity in advancing years. So! Music nourishes both the mind and body: what’s not to love?!
Find out what we have to offer. Registrations are taken year round.